Toy Testing -Intoduction

Over the coming months I'm going to take a look at toy safety and how the law ensures that the toys you buy are safe for children to play with.

I'm going to try to steer clear of lots of the technical detail and if your reading these posts as a toy safety expert then you will notice it will not be fully comprehensive examination of the legislation and discussion of every little testing  detail. Instead I will provide a broad overview that I hope will be helpful as an introduction to an important subject that often seems shrouded in more than a little mystery.

As I am based in the United Kingdom I will be looking at primarily UK/European law but as so many companies also sell into the United States I will also be touching on the American standards as well.

No comments: